Friday, January 30, 2009

dreams

I have always been one to have crazy, vivid dreams. I even went through this period in my life where my dreams were so real (and not out of the realm of possibility) that I had trouble knowing if what happened in them really happened or not. Frustrating.

Anyway, I had some particularly poignant ones last night.

The first was rather short, but wonderful (until I woke up). I walked into a room with my friends, and on the couch were Em and Drew. Drew looked up at me, smiled, and said, "Hey Kim, I'm glad to see you. I'm just about to go to class." I stared at him, unbelieving, without words, taking in his dented head - he looked so fragile! Yet his voice was exactly as I remembered it. I took a few steps foward, collapsed on the floor and started sobbing hysterically, mumbling "I'm so happy, I'm so happy" over and over again.

The second was long and drawn out. And bizarre. Somehow I ended up with this chinchilla in my possession. He was really cute - and we bonded. I think he was dumped on me anonymously by someone who didn't want him anymore. Anyway, the entire dream was pitting me, and a few of my friends/allies against a whole ton of other people I know (ranging from random aquaintances to my mom). I really wanted to keep him, but at the very least wanted to find him a good home. But for some reason my "enemies" just wanted to get rid of him. Some of them wanted to ship him to Florida (I have no idea...) and my mom even had plans to sell him to this little deli in Delaware where chinchilla was a delicacy for teenagers. I was mortified. So I spent the entire dream - and it was very stressful - trying to smuggle the poor guy out of this maze-like obstacle course. I just remember feeling extremely bonded to the chinchilla and knowing that he really wanted me to make sure he was ok. In randomness, I'd like to give a shout out to HB, who happened to be my strongest ally, but she kept frustrating me because we were continually trying to make our escape from the bad guys and she kept forgetting where her car was parked! ha.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Kim,

    I actually have really vivid dreams all the time too!!! I even created a dream database to track them all. I think my oldest dream recorded is from 1994!! :D

    Anywho, I had a dream about you last night! Here is the excerpt:

    Then Mike and I were at Kim's. We were all going to go out and do something. I think Katie G. and Suzy were there too, but Mike G. and Mike S. were not. So it was just Mike, me, Suzy, Kim, and Katie G. that were there. The guys seemed to be MIA. Kim also had three kitties. None of them looked like Chai though. There was an all black older cat, a white cat with brown and black splotches, and a tiny black kitty with white splotches on it's face and feet. Anywho, so I was laying down on a big cushy chair and the white kitty came over and hugged me and fell asleep on my chest. Then we all watched as the small black kitty tried to wake the big black kitty up so that they could play. So the big black cat got up and almost like took the small kitties paws and lead it over to near the door to play with him. It was so cute. Then everyone wanted to leave (we had somewhere to go) but I didn't want to move because the it was so comfortable with the cat sleeping on my chest.

    ReplyDelete