Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Funky McFunkerson

So I'm in a funk. It's a weird in and out funk, where it comes and goes. But lately it's become more pronounced. When i'm feeling funk-ish I get that itchy sweater feeling, where almost everything is slightly irksome. And I also feel like things are tasteless, or at least taste less good. And i'm not really talking about food as much as life. It's not that I'm unhappy, but it's like colors are a little less vivid, experiences a little less sweet. I dunno, it's hard to describe. Maybe it's all of the changes that have occurred in the past 3 months - and the upcoming ones that I'm dreading.

I still miss Anastasia. I can't quite get over it to get a new hamster. Although I really want a winter white - they were so cute in the pet store! But I had to take Chai to the vet the other day and was sitting in the room realizing that I hadn't been since A's last visit for her surgery. And then on Sat. I finally got around to burying her at my parents house. I felt oddly detached and sad all at the same time.

On the up side, I have been GREATLY enjoying re-reading all the Harry Potter books in succession, particularly the 5th one. I always knew it was my favorite, but it had been so long since I'd read it, I just loved it. It's beyond words really. I just finished the 6th 2 days ago and spent the majority of the book realizing how disappointed I was at the movie. I just started the last one yesterday, but I'm not looking forward to all the sadness. Anyway, I'm pretty impressed at my record of reading the 6 in less than 2 weeks. :)

I also had the fun time of watching home movies on Sat with the fam, Justin and Donnie. It started with the main purpose of embarassing my sister in front of Justin. But the 6 of us were packed on the couches practically peeing our pants at some of the fun stuff. Laur was 3 and I was 5. And let me tell you - I was an attention hog and non-stop chatty. And very anal. :)

Ok, that's enough rambling. I don't have much of interest to say, just that I'm bored at work because I got a new computer on Thursday and they have yet to install SAS on it. So i'm useless.

3 comments:

  1. Sorry you are in a funk dear :(
    Potential temporary solutions to dealing with a funk:
    1) Watch an episode of The Office - I recommend the one that they throw Andy's phone in the ceiling
    2) Just add an additional two hours of sleep to each night - that way there is less day to deal with...
    3) Visit a friend in a different state - this works best of the state is made up of of two words and is about a 5 hour drive from where you currently live.
    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to have a blog post- you're a much better blogger than I am! Thanks again for the "sewing lessons" the other night- i had a lot of fun. I hope the world picks up some color soon- I recommend a new low-key activity. Or dropping some less fun activities =)

    see you Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh, I read the first four HP books in two weeks, that was right after the fourth movie came out. I just started on the 5th one sometime last week, but been a bit too busy and only got done two chapters so far. I heard allot of people weren't happy with the 6th movie. But I did hear both that book and movie are kind of slow paced in even the writing as its all just a big setup for the 7th book / movie (and of course the 8th movie). I can't wait to see it again though in IMAX.

    And wow Donnie got to see the treasured goods, home movies of Kimmie :) I can only imagine the fun.

    ReplyDelete