Friday, March 6, 2009

cuando el tiempo vuela

Boy this week has flown by! I finished up my research today, which is exciting. Now I only have to finish writing up my results, although I've done a good portion of that as well. I can't even begin to explain how much I have enjoyed this week. Perhaps a fellow data junkie could understand, but there was something about the environment I was working in, and having my own project that was exciting. It's a relief, actually, to know that my choice of a career path was not misinformed and that it's actually a good fit for me.

AND Dr. Borges said that he was glad I came and that I helped them out a lot - which is hard for me to grasp. But he told that to my advisor too! AND then today he and his wife took me out to this really nice restaurant - all fancy and everything. I took some pictures b/c it was located in an old hacienda - basically a huge house / almost a plantation like thing. It was beautiful. They had peacocks in the yard (which are quite loud). Anyway, he asked me about my plans after graduation, and when I said I had no idea, he said he would talk so some people he knows to see if they have something for me. WOW. The sad part of that is most of the people he knows are in California...

But anyway, i'm out for some nightlife with Mariel, so chao!
Besos!

No comments:

Post a Comment